Tattoo Artist, Graphic Designer & Painter @ Istanbul
* Tolga Ucagi was born in 1973 (Germany).
* In 1993, Tolga started making tattoos traditional style (bambu sticks etc..) while he was studying at the Faculty of Fine Arts / Graphic Design.
* In 1998, he had his first studio expirience. He worked for 4 years in the same studio.
* He never participated in any tattoo convention.
* Tolga opened his first studio in 2005 ("Talisman Tattoo" – Turkey/Izmir). Closed it in 2008 due to personal reasons.
* In 2010, Tolga Ucagi moved to Istanbul/Turkey and got married.
* In 2013, he decided to start allover again. Doing only custom designs for individuals and trying to recover a proper portfolio.
* In 2013, he and two of his friend opened a new studio ("Horoz Tattoo" - Turkey/Istanbul).
* For Tolga Ucagi, tattooing (and getting tattooed) is a unavoidable way of life!
His qoute for it is: "It's a perfect way of art to express myself. As a tattoo artist you have big responsibilities because people trust you. So do your best or bust! Perfection isn't impossible, you just have to work harder. I'm tattooing now for many years but I'm never satisfied. Staying hungry, searching for perfection, reading, watching and still trying to learn more&more about this art form every day.. In the end: Tattoo is an art and your canvas are the people who trust you!"
* Unfortunately for so many years working in this business he still haven't found his favorit choice of style, but this is about to change. “I don't like making tattoos just for money. Doing so is unfair to every form of art. Different people have different needs, so focusing on just one style constrains the artist and also the customers. Doing different styles teaches more and is more fun. Eventually I'll find my own beloved style!”
* For further information and / or appointments you can contact me via:
facebook/ucagi - facebook/horoztattoo - www.horoztattoo.com and/or email@example.com
Current Residence: Turkey